MEET THE OWNERS
ARTISTRY + FORTITUDE is a Miami, Florida based company that is owned and operated by husband and wife team, Patrick and Mia Stewart.
Our goal is to use positive images and information (i.e., Knowledge Center) to celebrate the artistry and fortitude exhibited by notable people of color throughout the whole of human history, and around the globe to spark long-overdue discussions and inspire social change.
We believe we are all members of the same human family, and that racism, colorism, and oppression must be publicly denounced and eliminated if we hope to create a more just and equitable world for future generations.
Towards this end, we are eager to work with others (e.g., Artists, non-profits, vendors, supporters, etc.) to create and maintain a virtuous circle that works to strengthen the disparate parts. We must lift each other up in order to create more opportunities, strengthen communities of color, and ultimately afford people of color all around the world more autonomy and respect.
Since the dawn of human history, people of color have embodied the beauty and diversity of the earth’s terrain and called on deities that resembled their ancestors. People of color have distinguished themselves in every field of study and helped to shape the human experience on every continent.
Without looking to disparage or denigrate anyone else, we will pay homage to the gifts they have shared with humanity in an effort to promote and create a more just and equitable future for all of the earth’s inhabitants.
We believe there are two types of people: those who resist change and look to maintain the status quo, and those who feel compelled to move with the times and work with others to create a better future for their children. The good news is the vast majority of people readily agree that people should be judged by the content of their character, not the color of their skin.
We formed this company, Artistry & Fortitude, to serve as a hub for like-minded individuals that are tired of complaining about past wrongs and ready to confront and overcome colorism and systemic racism.
Through this venture we endeavor to achieve the following community building objectives:
- Raise awareness for culturally and historically significant figures, movements, and important facts
- Prompt more people to study the history of Africa and the African Diaspora to counterbalance the negative impact of white supremacy
- Encourage people of color to have a positive self-image and higher self-esteem
- Promote social justice, fight discrimination
- Regularly issue charitable grants (2.5% of net profits from each item sold will go into a community re-investment fund) that work to celebrate the culture and history of people of color – locally, nationally, and around the world
- Create ongoing revenue streams (2.5% of net profits from each item sold that features their artwork) for each of the artists that choose to partner with us
- Encourage more people of color to get involved in the political process and vote on a regular basis
- Encourage more people within communities of color to pursue healthier lifestyles
- Support and work for comprehensive criminal justice and prison reform
- Support and encourage artistry and artist of color around the globe
- Encourage more people of color to serve as community champions
- Inspire more people from all backgrounds to appreciate and support the artistic, cultural, and intellectual gifts derived from communities of color
- Advocate for equality for women and people of color that are members of the LGBTTQQIAAP (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, ally, pansexual) communities
- Promote financial independence and self-determination within communities of color
- Celebrate mental toughness and resiliency within communities of color
- Encourage empathy and a lifelong love of learning!